Friday, July 25, 2008

Shuddering at Obama in Germany

A couple user comments on a NewsBusters post about Obama's speech in Germany:

Twilight Zone

Obama's speeches remind me of an episode of Twilight Zone where an alien comes to earth and promises the earthlings that their every care will be provided for. No more wars, no more struggles, and no more hard laboring. All the while, he carries with him a book entitled "Serving Man". An obvious indication of their desire to save humanity and have everyone live a contented life. Several ship loads of earthlings even left for a visit to the alien planet.

As it turns out, "Serving Man" was a Cookbook!! If Obama is elected, I believe we are cooked also.

__________

Me, too!

"Obama said he was speaking as a citizen" What about me? I'm a citizen. Can I go make a speech in Berlin?

"I know that I don't look like the Americans who've previously spoken in this great city." I thought we weren't allowed to talk about that. Wait a sec... is he talking about being black, or having big ears?

"...designed to make him look presidential." Because after all, it's really only looking presidential that's important, right? (By the way, why does someone "speaking as a citizen" need to look "presidential"?)

"His message: That as President he would bring the U.S. and Europe together." Well, THAT'S a relief, because he sure as hell won't bring the U.S. together!

"...this is our moment. This is our time." Read: "...this is MY moment. This is MY time."

"Barack Obama was due to visit wounded troops in Germany but canceled it
after the Pentagon told him that it would not be proper while on a
political trip."
But...but... I thought he was traveling and speaking as an citizen, not a political candidate. Hell, now I'm really confused...

"He told them a lot of what they wanted to hear..." Let's all look surprised.

"In Europe, the view that America is part of what has gone wrong in our
world rather than a force to help us make it right has become all too
common."
Just because they "view" us that way doesn't mean they're right. I view Obama as a pompous windbag. Does my view make me right?

"...part of the Obama pitch that his approach can heal the rifts with
America's allies in Europe and restore American prestige abroad."
And exactly HOW would he do that? Oh, wait... he doesn't have to tell us how, all that's important is that he says he will.

(This is fun!...)

"To his detractors, it was presumptuous that a candidate for President would deliver a speech as if he were President." No, Charlie, that should be "to anyone with an ounce of common sense and half a brain in his head..."

"Not only have walls come down in Berlin-..." Obama says, "see? I can talk about walls, too!"

"...Senator Barack Obama today shared his vision for peace." ...vision, as opposed to an actual plan...


"It was that they were Presidents, Obama a mere candidate."
A "mere candidate"?!?!? That's it, Jake... no more Obama exclusives for you! Blasphemer!!

"But I also know how much I love America." I'm certainly glad HE knows, 'cause the rest of us aren't really sure about it! And as the saying goes, you always hurt the one you love.

"And as for the people who came here today, many of them gushed about his speech." And I'm sure many more didn't gush, but we won't talk about that right now.

"My new messiah." My new messiah, filling the empty void that I call "my life". "Hey, Kool-Aid!!!"

No comments: